What to Do After a Car Wreck?
Most people have heard about car accidents, but few know what to do if one happens. Getting an attorney after a car accident is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. There are certain steps to take immediately following a car accident:
- Call 911
- Stay with the vehicle, even if it’s badly damaged
- Press the brakes and put the keys in the ignition to prevent traffic from hitting it
- If anyone was injured, get them out of the vehicle and call for help
- Get the other driver’s license and insurance information
- Make sure you or your loved ones get adequate medical care at the hospital or with your private doctor.
Other things to consider:
- take pictures of the accident location
- take pictures of your injuries
- obtain the names and contact information of witnesses
- save any correspondence from the other party or parties involved
- follow up with a mechanic to review damages to your vehicle
- keep a log of all expenses related to your injuries and vehicle damage.
At some point you should speak with an attorney to safeguard your legal rights. Call us today or reach out online.
We service Nepperhan Yonkers and Homefield Yonkers neighborhoods.